Thursday, May 03, 2007

I wish there was a garden

"I wish there was a Garden
Where the love of God would never harden..."

Me too, love. Me too.

I don't know what to say. I always finish reading the update emails feeling breathless and emotionally hauled over the coals. I'm simultanously inspired, joyful, angry, sad and confused. And I don't have to live with it every moment. I just read the emails. And a little girl's poem about her garden.

ALS is quite possibly the ugiliest thing that has ever existed. If I were God I'd never let this happen.

I am helpless to their struggle to find words for that which is unspeakably awful.
I'm the one raising my fist at God, even while they are faithful in spite of this terrible adversity.

Dear Lord, if not a garden, by your grace help me at least plant a flower...

No comments: